'90210': It's a scene on Soundtrack 90210

Today, CBS Records released "Soundtrack 90210," a collection of songs that are placed throughout this season of "90210." I knew the album was coming, so I turned down an interview with Jessica Stroup, Silver on "90210," in exchange for an interview with Scott Vener, the show's music supervisor. He was really cool and down to earth - definitely all about the music - and we bonded over me loving the Nikki & Rich song that opened the season premiere. Later, he sent me some unreleased tracks from the L.A. based duo.

Meanwhile, my editor Denise Martin, suggested I get some kind of clip from the album for my story. Awesome idea, but then the clip arrived after my interview with Vener. That meant I wasn't able to ask him specifically about the song - "You're So Cold" by Will Dailey. Thankfully, I got a hold of Dailey's management over the weekend and set up a phone interview in the middle of a writing date I had that next day. Turns out he flaked on the interview, which normally would be okay on a Sunday, but I only had a short window in which I could do the interview. After tweeting about his no-show (which now I feel awful about), Dailey messaged me and we made an appointment for the next day. I debated whether I should do the phone interview at all, but he was very insistent on rescheduling and he was totally apologetic. In the end, I think the article was a better one for having him in it, so that he can give us some backgorund on how he got on the album and so he can set up the song.

Btw, the clip I was hoping would be an exclusive ended up being offered for free by The CW the day before my story, which stole its thunder a bit. Oh, well.

Check out the article on LATimes.com.

Album art courtesy of CBS Records

Labels: , , , , , ,


9:26 PM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Custom Search

Recent Posts

'America's Next Top Model': Cycle 7 Winner CariDee...
'America's Next Top Model': The contestants try to...
Trailer: 'The Nostradamus Effect: Apocalypse Code'...
'90210': There are two A's in drama
'The City': Please, don't try this at work
'90210': Trevor Donovan on his scene-stealing abs,...
It's a '90210' vs. 'Melrose Place' walk off! Habit...
Celebrate 50 years of CoA with Leonard Nimoy! Sat....
Reenacting an Essene Settlement: Behind-the-scenes...
'America's Next Top Model':Making Walmart and do-r...

Archive

September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 March 2010 April 2010 August 2010 September 2010 November 2010 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]